Pages

Sunday 18 December 2016

DAY 2 ACTIVITY 1

Activity 1
Before you go overseas it will be important that you learn a bit about the capital city of your country. Hop online and find out about the capital city of your country. Use this information to complete the five sentences below:


  1. The name of the capital city is ______________Berlin__________
  2. The population of the capital city is _________80.62 million____
  3. In January, the weather in the capital city is usually ______Snows and Rains ___________
  4. The capital city is located in the _______Northern____ (northern, southern, middle) part of the country.
  5. The languages most commonly spoken in the capital city are _______________English and German______________

2 comments:

  1. Hello Macky! Fantastic to see that you've selected Germany! I am a Kiwi but I am living in Germany at the moment- far far away from Berlin though, in a small city called Saarbruecken - take a look on a map to see where it is!
    Hope you have had a good Christmas - I just had my first German Christmas! Many things are similar, but there are very different aspects of Christmas here too. For example, it is a winter Christmas time!
    I am looking forward to reading more of your blogs - you've been busy - keep it up!

    Cheers,
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Macky,

    It looks like you might be in for a pretty cold trip to Germany at this time of year. Snow and rain? I'm not sure I would trade that for the sunshine and beaches of New Zealand at this time of year! Although if you pack some skis and a sled I reckon you could have a bit of fun.

    I hope you have been having a wonderful holiday so far and are excited to head back to school soon? But in the meantime, thanks for sharing your facts about Berlin. Although Berlin is a busy place with 3.5 million people living there, I think you might have got a little confused with the population of Germany. That's a lot of people though for a not so big country!

    Keep up the awesome blogging Macky. I'm looking forward to catching up on your progress through your Summer Learning Journey.

    Cheers!
    Dan.

    ReplyDelete