Pages

Tuesday 19 December 2017

2 BONUS ACTIVITY'S

Bonus Activity: Waka Ama
To this day, the people of New Zealand still use waka.
Instead of using their waka to transport them from one place to another,
they sometimes use waka in special events and in
sporting competitions such as Waka Ama.
Both boys and girls compete in Waka Ama boat races.

waka-ama-40461.jpg
Watch this short video of a Waka Ama race.
On your blog tell us whether you would like to be in a Waka Ama race one day.
Why or why not?

I think I would like to be in a Waka ama race one day because
it’s good exercise & It’s good for arm working.

Bonus Activity: Special Meals

Back in the 1800s,
most Māori ate a simple diet.
They ate foods that they could catch in the water (eg. fish)
or grow on the land (eg. kumara).
They did not have access to a supermarket to buy food for their meals!
Speaking of meals, what is your favourite meal?
Mine is wood-fired pizza. Yum!


On your blog, post a picture of your favourite meal.
Be sure to tell us what it is and why it is your favourite.
You could also include the recipe if you have it so that we can all try it!

BONUS POINTS: 8

My favourite meal is a “Panini sandwich”
because it has chicken ,
tomato, avocado, Lettuce,
Cheese & last but not least bread.
I like this sandwich because it has vegetables in it
so that makes it healthy.
My mum makes me the Panini sandwich at her Cafe.
When she makes the sandwich she puts  it in the toaster to make it hot.

5 comments:

  1. Hey Macky,

    Your Panini sandwich sounds delicious! maybe next time you could add a photo, but thanks for the recipe I will make sure to try it some time soon. It sounds like your mum is a great cook

    Keep up the great work

    Katelyn :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia Ora Macky

    My name is Jolie and I go to Glen innes School. You have filled my brain with different ideas. I agree with Katelyn your Panini sandwich sounds delicious. Thank you for giving us the recipe. Have a great holiday :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey again Macky, yum I love a panini sandwich, especially with those ingredients!

    It's a great meal for lunch. I'd love to have chicken AND bacon in my one.

    What do you and your family make and eat for Christmas?

    Thanks, Billy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Macky
    My name is Sarah and I go to Glen Innes School
    Outstanding work Keep it up

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Macky,

    Ruby here from the Summer Learning Journey team!

    It would be great fun to be in a Waka Ama race I think. And it would really help keep you fit and strong. You would need to do a lot of practicing to be able to be in a race! What sorts of things would you need to practice before being in a race?

    I don't think I could be in a Waka Ama race. I'm not very good at swimming and would be afraid of falling into the water!

    I look forward to reading more of your blog over summer.
    Cheers,
    Ruby.

    ReplyDelete