Pages

Monday 18 December 2017

ACTIVITY 2

Activity 2: Setting Sail
The first settlers to come to New Zealand must have been really brave!
They had to leave their original homes and sail thousands
of miles across the ocean on a special boat called a ‘waka’ to reach New Zealand.


Imagine that you were on board one of the wakas. On your blog,
write a short letter to a friend telling them about your voyage to New Zealand.
In the letter be sure to tell them how you feel about moving to a new country.
If it was me, I would have felt really nervous…


Hi friend,

I’m very excited & nervous at the same time to come see/visit you in New Zealand.
I’m gonna miss being in my house, I might get homesick from coming to New Zealand.
I would be looking forward seeing creatures & other things.
I will also be coming on a voyage.

5 comments:

  1. Hey Macky,

    Great work just to let you know your mean't to be writing a letter to send to your friend from where you live about your experience traveling to New Zealand. Your not sending a letter to new Zealand because your supposed to be one of the first settlers in the story

    N

    Keep up the great work!

    Katelyn : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry I just didn't understand the questions we were suppose to do but okay. Thanks for commenting :)

      Delete
    2. That's alright!

      Keep up the Great work!

      Delete
  2. Hey Macky, what a great letter you have written. I love the description about seeing sea creatures and other things.

    What do you think the trip on the Waka would be like? Scary? Dangerous?

    Thanks, Billy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Macky
    My name is Sarah and I go to Glen Innes School
    Well done for completing the activities macky. What was your favourite part?

    ReplyDelete